Perhaps you just need company?
Even in a busy city like Manchester life can sometimes be lonely. We've found that many clients don't necessarily need a lot of help, but would sometimes like a companion to support them during various activities: someone they can chat and discuss things with, at home or out-and-about.
If there's room in your life for a friend like that, we can help. One of our team of care and support workers can visit you or accompany you and add a vital human element to your day. They will be more than just a passing acquaintance. They will become a trusted, friendly companion, to have a laugh and joke with, and share some of your interests.
It's like having an injection of happiness
Clients have found that getting together with a companion is as beneficial as a therapy session. They feel revitalised and energised when they spend quality time with someone who understands them and is genuinely interested in them. Typical activities that Caremark clients enjoy with a companion include:
- Walking the dog
- Going to collect pension cash or visiting the bank
- Shopping for food, clothes or other items
- Going to leisure activities
- Sharing a friendly chat over a cup of tea
- Company while doing crafts or hobbies
- Playing cards, chess, draughts, etc
- Going to a day service
- Visiting a community centre
- Using public transport
- Company and transport for doctor and hospital appointments
And it's good to have someone to ask...
As well as offering companionship it's nice to know that your care and support worker is willing and able to spend time helping you to master the difficulties of modern life, such as:
- Learning how to use a mobile phone, TV remote control or computer
- Paying bills and understanding financial documents
- Getting funding advice or help with claiming benefits
This is all about you
It's your choice how much and what kind of companionship support you have, and how often you want it. The above are only examples - feel free to ask us about your personal needs.